Last updated: April 2020
We make every effort to protect the privacy of persons using the Website, according to the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).
Who are we?
We, BBDO Warszawa sp. z o.o., are the controller of your personal data collected via the Website. Should you have any questions or should you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us. You will find our contact data below, in the section How to contact us?
Data that we collect, why we use them and the legal basis
In relation to maintaining the Website, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Use of the Website
For this purpose, we process your data such as: data related to your activity on the Website, your IP address, as well as data concerning your session, your device and your operating system, browser, language preferences, unique ID and device.
The processing is based on the performance of a service contract, according to Terms and Conditions https://newscatcher.molecularbbdo.com/privacy (Article 6(1)(b) of GDPR).
- Informing on services and latest projects and improvement of our Website to suit your preferences
For this purpose, we process your personal data including your IP address, information concerning your operating system, browser, language preferences, unique ID and device, as well as information concerning your activity on the Website which is recorded and stored through cookies. We also process your e-mail address if you are a subscriber to our newsletter.
The processing of your data collected from cookies is performed on the basis of our legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR) which is facilitating the use of our Website, generating statistics helpful in Website’s administration and ensuring the IT security of the Website. The processing of your e-mail address is performed on the basis of your consent (Article 6(1)(a) of GDPR) given in a situation where you subscribed to our newsletter. Your e-mail address will be stored until you object to such processing or until you withdraw your consent (and withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal).
- You may refuse to store cookies on your device by making relevant changes in your browser settings. However, this may limit the functionality of the Website, which includes preventing access to certain parts of the Website.
- Maintaining statistics, improving the Website experience for the user, as well safeguarding the Website’s information security
For this purpose, we process your personal data including your IP address, information concerning your operating system, browser, language preferences, unique ID and device, as well as information concerning your activity on the Website which is recorded and stored through cookies.
Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR), to facilitate the use of the Website, to generate statistics aiding in the Website administration, as well as to safeguard the information security of the Website.
For this purpose, your data shall be stored for no longer than 1 year.
You may refuse to store cookies on your device by making relevant changes in your browser settings. However, this may limit the functionality of the Website, which includes preventing access to certain parts of the Website.
- Handling of complaints and requests, responses to questions
For this purpose, we process your personal data included in the complaint, request or question, as well as the data concerning the use of the Website which are related with the submitted complaint, request or question.
The processing is performed on the basis of our legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR), consisting in ensuring a proper service to the Website’s user and responding to the question.
Your data shall be stored for a period of time necessary to respond to your question or for the purpose of taking other action in relation to the message received from you, however, for no longer than 1 year.
- Establishment, pursuance and enforcement of claims
For this purpose, we may process personal data concerning the use of the Website, other services and other data necessary for proving the existence of a claim, including the extent of the damage suffered.
The legal basis is our legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR), consisting in the establishment, pursuance and enforcement of claims and in the defence against claims in proceedings before courts and other state authorities during the limitation period of these claims.
Sharing of personal data
We share your personal data in the following cases:
- where such an obligation arises from the provisions of the applicable law, in particular at the request of the Public Prosecutor’s office, the Police and other state bodies
this is necessary for the satisfaction of our needs, in particular:
- to legal firms, auditors.
Furthermore, your personal data may be disclosed to service providers — entities processing personal data at our request and on our behalf:
- to providers of ICT services, such as hosting, provision and maintenance of IT systems and applications, including tools for traffic analysis on the Website.
We conclude agreements with the service providers to which we disclose your personal data and under these agreements the service providers are subject to our instructions.
Transfer of data
We can transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area to other companies from the Omnicom Group and processors, including these having their seat in the USA. We will ensure that the transfer is lawful and that there are appropriate security arrangements in place. Companies in the Omnicom Group established in the USA are certified under the Privacy Shield program. We also entered into an agreement ensuring adequate and appropriate safeguards with companies within our group and processors established outside the EEA. The agreements incorporate Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission (available here) or are certified under the Privacy Shield program (Privacy Shield).
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request:
- access to your personal data, the receipt of a confirmation whether your personal data are used, the receipt of their copy and the receipt of information i.a. with respect to: the purposes of use, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to which personal data have been or will be disclosed, the planned period of storage of personal data, the source from which we obtained personal data
- a copy of personal data which you have provided to us and the transfer the copy to you or to another indicated entity in a commonly used and readable computer format, provided that we use your data on the basis of a consent or for the needs of performing a contract
- the rectification of your personal data if they are incomplete or incorrect
erasure of all or some of your
- you withdrew your consent, and we are not entitled to use your data based on another legal ground
- Your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or used
- you have submitted an objection which we have acknowledged as justified
- Your personal data are used unlawfully
restriction of the use of your personal data, i.e. to request that we no longer use
these data; however, this does not concern the storage of your personal
data in cases where:
- you dispute the correctness of your personal data — then we limit their use to the period necessary for us to verify the correctness of your data
- you dispute the lawfulness of our use of personal data
- we do not need these data any more, but you need them to establish, pursue or defend your claims
- you have objected against the use of your data — until such time as we take the decision concerning the validity of the objection.
You are also entitled to:
- raise an objection, for reasons related to your individual situation, to the processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, including to the profiling on this basis. Upon receiving such an objection, we will consider whether — in view of your individual situation — the protection of your interests, rights and freedoms prevails over the interests which we pursue by using your personal data. Should your objection prove justified, and should there be no other legal basis for processing, we will delete the data to the use of which you objected
- raise an objection to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes of BBDO, including the profiling. After the objection has been raised, your data shall not be used any more for the purposes of direct marketing
- withdraw the consent granted for the use of personal data at any time. The withdrawal of the consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the use of personal data on the basis of the consent given prior to its withdrawal
- submit a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, should you establish that we process data incorrectly
Should you have any questions or should you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us. You will find our contact data below, in the section How to contact us?
Links to other websites
For your convenience and for informational purposes we may place links to other websites on our Website. Linked websites typically have their own privacy policies or notices. We strongly suggest you review them if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites, the websites themselves or for the privacy practices of the entities maintaining those websites.
The information collected by us through cookies include: the IP address, browser properties, device properties, the operating system, the language preferences, the redirecting URL address, information on the activity on our Website and the dates and times of visits on the Website. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
In terms of their life-cycle, cookies are divided into:
- session cookies – deleted upon exiting the internet browser,
- fixed – deleted upon the lapse of a predetermined time, regardless of exiting the internet browser
In terms of the internet domain of their origin, we divide cookies into:
- own cookies – set by the internet servers of our Website,
- third-party cookies – set by internet servers of websites other than our Website.
- Optimisation of the use of the Website (necessary)
- The statistics on view of pages and subpages of websites (analytical cookies)
We use third-party cookies (Google Analytics) to count the number of visits on the Website, their duration and to define which Website functionalities or which parts of the Website were most frequently used or visited. Click [here] to block Google Analytics in your browser.
In the internet browser settings or the service configuration you may define the terms of storage or accessing cookies. In the internet browser menu bar, in section “Help”, you will find information on how to reject saving new cookie files, how to delete the cookies saved until now, how to request notifications about saving new cookies and how to block the activity of cookies.
Below we publish links to information about the settings for cookies, including information on how to delete cookies in the most popular internet browsers:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/pl/kb/ciasteczka
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/pl-pl/help/17442
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=pl
How to contact us?
or by post, to the following address:
- BBDO Warszawa sp. z o.o., ul. Wybrzeże Gdyńskie 6C, 01-531 Warszawa
Terms and Conditions for Electronic Services
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
- The following Terms and Conditions (“T&C”) determine the rules governing the electronic provision of services during the use of the molecularbbdo.com website (“Website”).
- BBDO Warszawa Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw, at ul. Wybrzeże Gdyńskie 6c (01-531 Warszawa), entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register (KRS), under KRS No 0000125186, holding a tax identification number (NIP) 526-02-15-071 and REGON number 010599822 is the administrator of the Website (“Administrator”).
- The use of the Website shall take place in accordance with the provisions of law and the T&C. Users may not publish unlawful content on the Website. It is prohibited to perform actions that violate law or the T&C, including actions that could destabilise the operation of the Website, could impede the access to it or would constitute a violation of the rights of the Administrator or of third parties.
- Materials available on the Website are subject to legal protection, and the Administrator or other entities possess intellectual rights to these materials. Unless mandatory provisions of law provide otherwise, the use of the materials available on the Website without the prior consent of the entitled persons shall be prohibited.
- The Administrator shall make every effort to ensure that the use of the Website is completely safe for the users. However, the Administrator informs that the use of the services provided by electronic means may involve risks, i.a. in view of the possibility of unauthorised control being taken over websites, which could in turn disrupt their operation.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE
Website cannot be used without an internet browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge,
Opera, Safari in their last updated version) and a computer or another device
with access to the internet.
- The Website offers the service of access to its contents, including materials, texts and multimedia content and option of subscribing to the Administrator’s newsletter.
- The access to the Website and the service provided via the Website is free of charge.
- The agreement on the electronic provision of services is concluded upon the user’s commencement of the use of the Website.
- The Administrator informs that, in view of the immediate commencement of the provision of the service of access to the Website upon the consent of the user, the user who is a consumer shall not be entitled to withdraw from the agreement on the provision of such a service under Article 38(13) of the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights. However, the user may at any time discontinue the use of the service provided within the framework of the Website, and the agreement on the electronic provision of services with respect to the access to the Website shall be terminated without it being necessary for the parties to submit any additional declarations, once the user leaves the Website.
- Any questions or complaints concerning the operation of the Website may be submitted to the Administrator via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at the address of the Administrator’s registered office.
- The Administrator shall examine the complaint within 14 days of the date of its receipt. The response to the complaint shall be sent to the address provided by the user.
- For an extrajudicial resolution of disputes, users who are consumers are entitled to use the EU ODR platform: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
- FINAL PROVISIONS
- The operation of the Website may be interrupted, e.g. due to maintenance, preventing the users from using the Website. The Administrator will inform users, to the extent possible, of technical interruptions and their duration by way of available means, e.g. by publishing messages.
- The use of the Website is subject to the laws of Poland, unless the applicable laws provide otherwise.
- The T&C are available on the Website.
For important reasons, the T&C may be subject to changes, especially in the event of introducing new Website functionalities. Changes in the T&C shall not affect rights acquired by users. The Administrator shall publish the new content of the T&C on the Website.